Sunday 14 August 2011

Second hand stuff...

In order to get back into the hobby I decided to rock up to the Epping Model Railway club's exhibition on the June long weekend. This was a lot of fun, surprisingly crowded and had a great second hand stall. I'm not usually one for second hand kit because you don't know the provenance of the kit and if it's dodgy then there's no comeback.

However, when it comes to rolling-stock, who cares provided it looks in good condition. I ended up bagging some bargains. I checked prices on eBay when I got home and found I had saved a fortune!

The riskiest item I got was my tram! Yes, there was a pretty crappy San Francisco tram set for $20 which I have now repainted into German colours.


This is sitting on one of my test tracks. You know, it's not as smooth as a Fleishman model but it runs fine and will be great fun on the new layout.

Here are the nice DB Fleischmann coaches I got. notice that they are lit internally!




No comments:

Post a Comment