Saturday 29 December 2012

Elevated Road - Part 1

So I've made the basic framework for the elevated roadway. I'll have to do some more tomorrow if I can get away with it....so far on these holidays I have also built a dry-stone wall in my front yard, planted a set of seedlings, planned out my new vege garden and I'm going to lay a floating florr in Tom's room - just a few other small proejcts!!

You can see from the photos below a minor variation to the framework I drew up a few posts ago. It's all working our really nicely (fingers crossed - it's Agile carpentry here ;-) ).


You can see the basic support timber above and the profile below.


I've rested the 6mm MDF base here. On top of ths will be the roadbase of 3mm MDF which I will carry all the way through the curve down to the main base board.


The curved road is shown here (below) prototyped in foam-core. It will sit on top of the 6mm MDF as shown.


Just to demonstrate, I've place some track on a 3mm cork base to show how the top of the tracks aligns with the ground level of the village section.


No comments:

Post a Comment