Saturday 29 December 2012

Section for the Town

I've built a removable section on which I can build and detail the village. It's a strip along which I will put the main buildings - just 100mm wide.

The tram way and main road will run in front of this removable section.

You can see from the pictures that it's simply a box section made from 25mm thick polystyrene foam - light but quite rigid. I have mounted a lot of locating plates on the final version (not shown) to ensure it's reliably positioned in the same place.

Hmmm...now I am thinkgin of it, it may be work coating this in a final layer of paper to get it really sharp edged. Let's see.

I've used ordinary PVA to glue this together but also used bamboo skewers to reinforce the structure. Theyve been pushed through at 45 degrees. and you can see a few tell tales here and there.

Note also that I have now completed most of the cork underlay for the track.






No comments:

Post a Comment