Tuesday 1 January 2013

Tram track roadbase ready and tested...

Well, I cut it out, tested it and have put it in place. I even filled in a section with plasticine to see how that works out. Not as well as I want, to tell the truth. I think I need to experiment with paper or cardboard first. I've added an extre timber support and will likely be adding some more soon.

You can see pictures of the roadbase below and a movie of the tram running on it. Note the small section of track with plasticine in between the rails. This seems OK but I don't trust it to be safe for the engine in the long run.










1 comment:

  1. G'day Chris, I use card for the road base between and either side thee rails. The maximum width of the card I use between the rails is 14mm, it's easy to pull up for work and cheap to replace. Any dramas or questions, just ask. Regards Glenn

    ReplyDelete