Sunday 22 February 2015

All New Daleks

You may recall that I've been planning to make a small Dr. Who scene on the model railway involving Daleks.

So now I've got a large Dalek Death Squad ready for my model trains. You may remember this old post about our first shot at 3D printing small Daleks. Well things have moved on a lot since then!

Franc's mastered his 3D printing skills and found a way to make finer steps in the printing process to make an new and improved set of Daleks for me. I've been straining my eyes and using a binocular head mounted magnifier to paint them. Yes, it all sounds a bit freakish but the results are awesome.

Here's the raw material from Franc:



I then mount the individual units on the handle of a small hammer using blu-tack to paint them.





And here they are with the Tardis on my old MacBook.



1 comment:

  1. Seriously awesome. Seriously crazy :-) The look great. Seen these?
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/27/world/historys-most-famous-photos-recreated-miniature-models/

    ReplyDelete