Sunday 1 February 2015

Well, I can't believe it's been 12 months!

I have to apologise to everyone who has formerly read thsi blog - it's been about 12 months since I posted. Oh dear!

All I can say is that I got a bit distracted! We renovated the house and had to move out for part of that period, I also designed and built a prototype garden computer which worked, as it turned out but also died due to lack of attention during the renovation.

So now, I'm making up for lost time.

I've made leaps and bounds with the software for the system. It runs very well but the limit has to be 2 trains otherwise it dead-locks eventually with all trains waiting for the others to move. A veritable Mexican stand-off. Furthermore, Andrew Joyner proved that 2 trains was the theoretical limit using some nice maths. Thanks Andrew, if you're reading this. Do you want to post your article?

Still, I've  vowed to stop working on the software and start landscaping. New blog entries will flow this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. The Mathematica analysis is at http://alphajuliet.com/info/mendes-railroad.pdf.

    ReplyDelete