Saturday 13 August 2011

My needs for the new layout...


What do I want from my new layout? Some of the things my old layout did are still important to me. Some more stuff that I'd like to have done are just easier now...

My needs are:
  • I want to be able to actually run my trains and watch them trundle along. I don't wnat to be just running them between a fiddle yard and a terminus and I don't really like shunting. That means that it should essentially be a very large loop with twists and a few points.

    Why the cunning twists? For interest and so that I can have a few trains running simultaneously.
  • I also want to be able to control this via computer - I'm an electrical engineer and I just have a strong need to do this.

    Last time I just did not have the technology at hand - it was too expensive and time consuming. Now I have just the thing...for a future blog post.

  • I'm going to set this up as a German layout this time - I've got a splendid Fleischmann engine and coaches and just scored a few more at a second hand stall.

  • Also, I want a tram - just for fun.

  • It has to be small and portable but not hokey and pokey.
  • It has to be really nicely landscaped.
  • It has to be good!! No crap.


No comments:

Post a Comment