Tuesday 3 January 2012

Baseboard Basics

Just a quick post showing the baseboard under construction. I've built 2 frames - one 1200 x 600 and the other 800 x 1400. It's basic 19mmx75mm timber construction with a few reinforcements here and there. Some  nice cutting and chisel work too!

The plywood sheets are 3mm thick and come standard in 800 x 1200 which is convenient. Note that they are not always square though! I could not be bothered straightening them - most likely I'd make them worse anyway.

I've joined the 2 parts of the L together so that they can be separated easily enough later for transport. I plan on investing heavily here and want to hang onto this if we move again.



I'll be putting some coach bolts in here tomorrow with wing nuts. These sections are screwed together for now.



Just added a little 200 x 800 plywood piece to the larger baseboard as a separate item to allow both boards to be separable (above).


And below is a picture of my desk with various bits of train and electronic detritus liberally polluting it. All the Arduino software is working, of coures, and the test layout is running smoothly.


No comments:

Post a Comment